Have a Nice Strip -- SoftChaos's WorkStrip 3 is a major upgrade to WorkStrip X (see TidBITS-647). WorkStrip is like having multiple Docks blended with the classic Now Menus; its hierarchical menus and file-list panels are excellent for file navigation and manipulation, and its workspace organization is great for assembling applications, documents, and folders specific to particular projects. This version lists (and can switch to) individual windows of running applications, and its Recent Items feature now tracks documents opened from the Finder and from within applications. (There are exceptions, though; some applications, such as Microsoft Excel, remain opaque to WorkStrip's gaze.) There are many aesthetic and keyboard-shortcut improvements as well. WorkStrip 3 costs about $40 and requires 10.2.4 or later. A 30-day demo is available for download. [MAN]
Easy Fetch Upload
If you want to upload an open file (e.g. in Photoshop or BBEdit) to a remote server via the Fetch FTP client, you can use drag-and drop without switching to the Finder. Just drag the small document icon in the window title bar to a Fetch window. If the icon won't drag, make sure the file is saved.
Visit Fetch Softworks
Published in TidBITS 688.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- More Details on AirPort 3.1 Compatibility
- New Life for Western Civilisation
- Nisus Writer Express 1.0 Released
- Jeff Carlson at Apple Store Bellevue Square
- Retrospect 5.1 Improves Disaster Recovery
- Importing Netscape Bookmarks into Safari
- Building ColorSync Profiles Using PrintFIX
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/14-Jul-03