Security Update Fixes Screen Effects Problem -- Apple has released Security Update 2003-07-14, fixing a potential security issue related to using a password when waking a Mac from a running Screen Effects screensaver. The update, which requires Mac OS X 10.2.6, fixes a situation where an unauthorized user could gain access to the computer when the password prompt was displayed. Apple has posted the update as a 1.7 MB stand-alone download, as well as made it available under Software Update. [JLC]
Two Shortcuts for App Exposé
If you want to see all the windows for a particular app via App Exposé, there are two hidden shortcuts. For either, start by pressing Command-Tab to bring up the app switcher. Then, while still holding down the Command key, press either the 1 key or the up arrow. That puts you into App Expose mode, with all of an app's windows showing, and recent documents in a row across the bottom of the screen. Let up on the Command key, and then you can press Tab to cycle through all the running apps.
Published in TidBITS 689.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Posts $19 Million Q3 Profit
- Not To Praise Netscape, But To Bury It
- iData Pro X Opportunity
- Dantz Provides Optical Drive Firmware Updates
- In Memory of Walter Van Lerberghe
- Macworld Expo New York 2003: Highly Concentrated
- Macworld Expo New York 2003 Superlatives
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-Jul-03