Security Update Fixes Screen Effects Problem -- Apple has released Security Update 2003-07-14, fixing a potential security issue related to using a password when waking a Mac from a running Screen Effects screensaver. The update, which requires Mac OS X 10.2.6, fixes a situation where an unauthorized user could gain access to the computer when the password prompt was displayed. Apple has posted the update as a 1.7 MB stand-alone download, as well as made it available under Software Update. [JLC]
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
Published in TidBITS 689.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Posts $19 Million Q3 Profit
- Not To Praise Netscape, But To Bury It
- iData Pro X Opportunity
- Dantz Provides Optical Drive Firmware Updates
- In Memory of Walter Van Lerberghe
- Macworld Expo New York 2003: Highly Concentrated
- Macworld Expo New York 2003 Superlatives
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-Jul-03
Security Update Fixes Screen Effects Problem
Experience pro-level features like iCloud Drive, palm protection,
a new easy-to-use iOS 8 interface and more! Get full-featured PDF
editing power in a mobile app today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen2-ios-tb>