iData Pro X Opportunity -- If you were intrigued by our review of iData Pro X and have been thinking of trying out the software for yourself, now is a good time (see "The Digital Shoebox: iData Pro X 1.0.5" in TidBITS-675). The recent demise of Casady and Greene (which we noted in TidBITS-686) has left iData Pro developer Mike Wright without a sales channel. While working out the details, he has upped the expiration date on the demo version to 31-Dec-03. So if you'd like to try iData Pro X for six months - free - nip over to his site and download the 1 MB demo. [MAN]
Type an em-dash on an iPhone
Typography and punctuation geeks rejoice! It's easy to type an em-dash on the iPhone's or iPod touch's virtual keyboard. To do so, tap the .?123 key to switch to the numeric keypad. Then touch and hold on the Hyphen key to reveal a pop-up strip showing an em-dash. Slide to the em-dash and release your finger.
Note that this basic trick works with many other keys on the virtual keyboard.
Published in TidBITS 689.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Posts $19 Million Q3 Profit
- Not To Praise Netscape, But To Bury It
- Security Update Fixes Screen Effects Problem
- Dantz Provides Optical Drive Firmware Updates
- In Memory of Walter Van Lerberghe
- Macworld Expo New York 2003: Highly Concentrated
- Macworld Expo New York 2003 Superlatives
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-Jul-03
iData Pro X Opportunity
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and