Salling Clicker 2.0 Adds Palm Support -- Salling Software has released Salling Clicker 2.0, updating the popular utility for controlling a Mac from a Bluetooth-capable device (see "Salling Clicker in Action" in TidBITS-694). Formerly available only for owners of select Sony Ericsson cellular phones, version 2.0 adds compatibility with Bluetooth-enabled Palm handhelds such as the Tungsten T and Tungsten T2. Unique to the Palm is the capability to display images from your iPhoto library on the handheld. This version also features "live-updating" for viewing current Clicker-related activity; for example, you can see the progression of a song in iTunes or read slide notes during a Keynote or PowerPoint presentation. For phone owners, the proximity sensor function has been enhanced with activity awareness, automatically performing actions based on the phone's state (such as pausing iTunes when a call comes in). Also, Salling Clicker features an improved Visual Keypad Editor for assigning tasks to hardware buttons on phones or Palm devices. The update also adds support for the Sony Ericsson T616 phone. Salling Clicker 2.0 is available in two configurations: the phone version costs $10 (and is a free upgrade for existing registered users); the Palm version costs $15. Each requires Mac OS X 10.2.6 or later, and is a 1.9 MB download. [JLC]
Manage Multiple ChronoSync Documents
If you have multiple ChronoSync documents and need to run your syncs or backups manually, you may find it taxing to open each ChronoSync document and execute it manually. There are two easy methods to simplify managing multiple ChronoSync documents.
- You can add the ChronoSync documents to a Container document. A Container holds multiple ChronoSync documents and enables you to control several ChronoSync documents as if they were one document.
- You can make use of the Scheduled Documents Manager window to collect and organize commonly used ChronoSync documents without scheduling them.
Both methods allow you to schedule or manually run your syncs and backups.
Visit ChronoSync Tips
- Salling Clicker in Action (25 Aug 03)
Published in TidBITS 696.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- DealBITS Drawing: Tom Bihn Winner
- Fetch Softworks Sponsoring TidBITS
- iMacs Speed and Ports Bumped
- 20 GB and 40 GB iPods Debut
- iTunes Music Store Sells Ten Millionth Song
- FileMaker Releases Two FileMaker Applications
- Glenn Fleishman Joins TidBITS
- AirPorts Where the Buffalo Roam
- Eudora 6.0 Slams Spam, Concentrates Content
- Talkin' About My Gyration
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/08-Sep-03