Glenn Fleishman Joins TidBITS -- We've always tried to keep the TidBITS organization lean (though not mean), but our friend and colleague Glenn Fleishman has helped out for so long and in so many ways that we had to make it official. He's now a TidBITS contributing editor, joining Mark Anbinder and Matt Neuburg in that august position. As a contributing editor, Glenn's entitled to the full set of TidBITS perks, including a prime parking spot, use of the company apartment (both at TidBITS headquarters in Ithaca, NY, of course), use of the royal "we" in articles, and a tidbits.com email address that works anywhere in the world. Welcome to TidBITS, Glenn! [ACE]
Avoid Long Hierarchical Menus
If you right-click (or Control-click) on some item, such as a file in the Finder, and one of the sub-menus has many options (Open With is a frequent culprit), it may take several seconds to open, even on a fast machine, which is annoying if you did not actually want that sub-menu.
The trick is to not pull the cursor through the menu, but in a curve around it, so the cursor does not touch any menu items until lower on the list where you wanted to go.
Visit Eolake's Blog
Published in TidBITS 696.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- DealBITS Drawing: Tom Bihn Winner
- Fetch Softworks Sponsoring TidBITS
- iMacs Speed and Ports Bumped
- 20 GB and 40 GB iPods Debut
- iTunes Music Store Sells Ten Millionth Song
- Salling Clicker 2.0 Adds Palm Support
- FileMaker Releases Two FileMaker Applications
- AirPorts Where the Buffalo Roam
- Eudora 6.0 Slams Spam, Concentrates Content
- Talkin' About My Gyration
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/08-Sep-03