Glenn Fleishman Joins TidBITS -- We've always tried to keep the TidBITS organization lean (though not mean), but our friend and colleague Glenn Fleishman has helped out for so long and in so many ways that we had to make it official. He's now a TidBITS contributing editor, joining Mark Anbinder and Matt Neuburg in that august position. As a contributing editor, Glenn's entitled to the full set of TidBITS perks, including a prime parking spot, use of the company apartment (both at TidBITS headquarters in Ithaca, NY, of course), use of the royal "we" in articles, and a tidbits.com email address that works anywhere in the world. Welcome to TidBITS, Glenn! [ACE]
Copy Disk Image as Folder
When you open a .dmg file, a disk image is mounted. You are then generally supposed to copy the contents of that disk image to your hard drive (to your Desktop, your Applications folder, or wherever). But what if you want to copy the whole disk image, including all its contents, as a folder? Hold the Option key, and drag the "proxy icon" in the title bar of the disk image window to the destination in the Finder.
Published in TidBITS 696.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- DealBITS Drawing: Tom Bihn Winner
- Fetch Softworks Sponsoring TidBITS
- iMacs Speed and Ports Bumped
- 20 GB and 40 GB iPods Debut
- iTunes Music Store Sells Ten Millionth Song
- Salling Clicker 2.0 Adds Palm Support
- FileMaker Releases Two FileMaker Applications
- AirPorts Where the Buffalo Roam
- Eudora 6.0 Slams Spam, Concentrates Content
- Talkin' About My Gyration
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/08-Sep-03