iView MediaPro 2.0 Manages More Assets -- iView Multimedia has released iView MediaPro 2.0, a major upgrade to the company's powerful digital asset management program. New features include more editing capabilities (beyond the free iPhoto, but not to the level of Adobe Photoshop Elements), performance improvements and support for larger catalogs, additional control over cataloged images in the file system, PDF output of image collections, advanced slideshows customizable down to the individual image level, enhanced HTML export, and more. iView MediaPro's new capabilities are powerful and welcome; unfortunately, the program still suffers from interface awkwardnesses that obscure its full power for those accustomed to the simplicity of programs like iPhoto. It's also no longer cheap, at $160, with upgrades from version 1.5 available for $88. For those looking for a less expensive image cataloging program that outperforms only that aspect of iPhoto, iView Media 1.2 lacks iView MediaPro's more advanced features, but costs only $30. Lastly, for viewing and playing slideshows of existing catalogs, there's now the free iView Catalog Reader. Time-limited trial versions of both iView MediaPro and iView Media are available. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- Hazel 3.3.7
- 1Password 6.0.2
- Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.7
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3, Motion 5.2.3, Compressor 4.2.2
- Banktivity 5.6.5 (formerly iBank)
- DEVONthink/DEVONnote 2.8.9
- Tweetbot 2.3.3
- Little Snitch 3.6.3
- Printer Drivers for Gestetner, Lanier, NRG, Savin, and Xerox Printers
- Lightroom CC 2015.4 and Lightroom 6.4
Published in TidBITS 697.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Hey Jobs, Don't Make It Bad!
- PageSender 3.1 Adds Fax Scheduling
- Panorama V Goes Native
- PowerMail 4.2 Improves Speed, Searching
- Adam Speaking at Kansas City MacCORE
- Adam Keynoting O'Reilly Mac OS X Conference
- Comparing Asante and Linksys Gateways
- iMovie 3 Tips and Gotchas
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/15-Sep-03