Newton News -- In the wake of Apple's latest reorganization and cost-cutting measures, several news sources reported that Apple might ditch its Newton division. Understandably, reactions among MessagePad users have ranged from confusion to outrage. On Friday, Sandy Benett, vice president of Apple's Newton Systems Group, released a letter to developers and users reassuring them that the group "remains intact" amid the reorganization, and that support for the current MessagePad 2000 and eMate 300 is proceeding alongside development of future products. [JLC]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.