PowerMail 4.2 Improves Speed, Searching -- CTM Development has released PowerMail 4.2 , the latest version of their email client (see "Migrating to New Climes with PowerMail" in TidBITS-530 for a review of PowerMail 3.0). New in PowerMail 4.2 is CTM's high-speed FoxTrot searching technology, which reportedly offers speeds 300 to 500 percent faster than the previous Sherlock-based searching PowerMail used. PowerMail 4.2 also boasts other performance increases in launching and drawing large lists, enhanced filtering that can filter on message content, searching on cached IMAP information, and more. Upgrades are free for registered PowerMail 4.x users; they cost $30 for users of PowerMail 3.x, or $50 for new customers. A 30-day demo is available as a 5.0 MB download. [ACE]
Sleep (and Lock) Your Screen
When you are walking away from your computer, it's fairly common practice to start your screen saver and lock your screen. But did you know that there is a built-in keyboard shortcut in Mac OS X to sleep the screen?
Press Control-Shift-Eject and your monitor sleeps without engaging the screen saver.
- Migrating to New Climes with PowerMail (08 May 00)
Published in TidBITS 697.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Hey Jobs, Don't Make It Bad!
- iView MediaPro 2.0 Manages More Assets
- PageSender 3.1 Adds Fax Scheduling
- Panorama V Goes Native
- Adam Speaking at Kansas City MacCORE
- Adam Keynoting O'Reilly Mac OS X Conference
- Comparing Asante and Linksys Gateways
- iMovie 3 Tips and Gotchas
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/15-Sep-03