Adam Keynoting O'Reilly Mac OS X Conference -- This appearance is a bit further out at the end of October, but since you'll need time for travel and hotel plans, I thought I'd also mention that I'm giving a keynote address titled "Panther Report Card" at the second O'Reilly Mac OS X Conference (see "Mac OS X Report Card: October 2002" in TidBITS-650 for last year's grades). The conference runs from 27-Oct-03 through 30-Oct-03 in Santa Clara, CA. My keynote takes place on Wednesday, October 29th at 8:45 AM, with Andy Ihnatko on next at 9:30 AM to give a tour of 10 years of Macintosh hardware, software, and the things PR people do to promote said products. TidBITS Contributing Editor Matt Neuburg will be presenting "AppleScript Everywhere" at 10:45 AM on Thursday, October 30th. Many of the other sessions look extremely interesting as well, such as Gordon Meyer's "Living the Digital Hub: Your House and Mac OS X," Matthew Barger's "Give your iBook a REST," and Cliff Skolnick's "Advanced Mac OS X Wireless Tips and Tricks." [ACE]
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- Mac OS X Report Card: October 2002 (07 Oct 02)
Published in TidBITS 697.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Hey Jobs, Don't Make It Bad!
- iView MediaPro 2.0 Manages More Assets
- PageSender 3.1 Adds Fax Scheduling
- Panorama V Goes Native
- PowerMail 4.2 Improves Speed, Searching
- Adam Speaking at Kansas City MacCORE
- Comparing Asante and Linksys Gateways
- iMovie 3 Tips and Gotchas
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/15-Sep-03
Adam Keynoting O'Reilly Mac OS X Conference
Convert double-sided documents to PDF with the one-button ScanSnap.
Scan documents, business cards, and receipts, and eliminate
paper piles from your desk. Visit us at: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>