AirPort Extreme 5.1.3 Firmware Update -- Apple has released a firmware update for AirPort Extreme Base Stations, boosting security and improving performance. The revision should better handle network attacks that may be directed at an AirPort Extreme Base Station, including denial-of-service attacks, and help maintain Internet connectivity (we hope this will address situations where AirPort Extreme Base Stations required frequent resetting). Setting up the Wireless Distribution System (WDS) has been made easier, USB printing has been improved, and administrators can now set up a DHCP range when NAT (Network Address Translation) is on (good for avoiding IP range conflicts with ISPs that use NAT internally). The firmware update is a 1 MB download. [JLC]
Better Text Formatting in iPhoto
If you're creating a card or book in iPhoto, and you're not happy with the formatting options for the text (such as line spacing or justification), copy the text out to TextEdit, make the changes you want there, and paste it back into iPhoto, which will retain your changes.
Published in TidBITS 699.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Adobe Checks Into the Creative Suite
- Panther-Prepared PopChar Published
- Mailsmith 2.0.2 Makes Minor Fixes
- Avondale Photoshop DVD Giveaway
- Listen to Adam on Inside Mac Radio
- Digital Photography Cruise in January, 2004
- New TidBITS Sponsors: Aladdin Systems & CS Odessa
- TiVo Series2 Wishes and Getting Our Bears Straight
- Mac OS X 10.2.8 Comes and Goes
- PhoneValet, Can You Get That?
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/29-Sep-03
AirPort Extreme 5.1.3 Firmware Update
Convert double-sided documents to PDF with the one-button ScanSnap.
Scan documents, business cards, and receipts, and eliminate
paper piles from your desk. Visit us at: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>