Panther-Prepared PopChar Published -- Ergonis Software has released PopChar X version 2.1.2, an update to Gunther Blaschek's well-known utility for easily entering non-ASCII characters. This version fixes several bugs and is ready for Mac OS X 10.3 Panther; it is highly recommended that all current users download it, especially if you already installed version 2.1.1, which was quickly pulled because of a potential startup problem. Panther does sport an improved Character Palette, but PopChar X retains some advantages, such as working with non-Unicode fonts and non-Unicode-savvy applications like Microsoft Word. This update is free for users who purchased PopChar X within the last two years. PopChar X is $30 ($20 for Classic PopChar owners). [MAN]
Set Per-Folder Views in the Finder
Tired of navigating to a particular folder and having to switch to List View every time? With Finder in Leopard, you can set viewing preference for each individual folder. Just navigate to it, and set the view the way you want (Column, List, Icon, or Cover Flow). Then choose View > Show View Options (Command-J) and in the window that appears, select the Always Open In... checkbox.
- You Type, It Typinates (27 Jun 05)
- Ergonis's KeyCue Offers Keyboard Shortcut Cheat Sheet (07 Jun 04)
- PopChar X 1.2 Opens a New Window (05 Aug 02)
- Snap, Crackle, and PopChar X (20 May 02)
Published in TidBITS 699.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- AirPort Extreme 5.1.3 Firmware Update
- Adobe Checks Into the Creative Suite
- Mailsmith 2.0.2 Makes Minor Fixes
- Avondale Photoshop DVD Giveaway
- Listen to Adam on Inside Mac Radio
- Digital Photography Cruise in January, 2004
- New TidBITS Sponsors: Aladdin Systems & CS Odessa
- TiVo Series2 Wishes and Getting Our Bears Straight
- Mac OS X 10.2.8 Comes and Goes
- PhoneValet, Can You Get That?
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/29-Sep-03