Avondale Photoshop DVD Giveaway -- Photoshop 7 won't be current much longer, but our friends at Avondale Media want to give TidBITS readers an early crack at free copies of their DVD "Secrets of the Photoshop Masters." The DVD contains 93 minutes of tips and techniques about Photoshop 7 from Photoshop experts Katrin Eismann, Martin Evening, Jeff Schewe, and Steve Broback (who is also a founder of Avondale, and with whom we worked when he helped run Thunder Lizard Productions). Follow the first link below to order the DVD. There's a $7 shipping and handling charge for U.S. delivery (check the chart at the second link below for international destinations). [JLC]
Copy Existing Filename to 'Save As' Field
While many utilities provide file naming automation, they're mostly overkill for those cases when you need to make small variations in file content while ensuring the documents group together in a "by name" list.
In the Save As dialog, the default name is the current document name. You can quickly change this to match any existing file.
1. Make the list of files the active element.
2. Click on a grayed-out filename, which momentarily turns black.
3. The Save As field now contains the filename you just clicked.
You can modify the name (adding, say, "version 3") or overwrite that existing file you clicked.
Published in TidBITS 699.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- AirPort Extreme 5.1.3 Firmware Update
- Adobe Checks Into the Creative Suite
- Panther-Prepared PopChar Published
- Mailsmith 2.0.2 Makes Minor Fixes
- Listen to Adam on Inside Mac Radio
- Digital Photography Cruise in January, 2004
- New TidBITS Sponsors: Aladdin Systems & CS Odessa
- TiVo Series2 Wishes and Getting Our Bears Straight
- Mac OS X 10.2.8 Comes and Goes
- PhoneValet, Can You Get That?
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/29-Sep-03