Avondale Photoshop DVD Giveaway -- Photoshop 7 won't be current much longer, but our friends at Avondale Media want to give TidBITS readers an early crack at free copies of their DVD "Secrets of the Photoshop Masters." The DVD contains 93 minutes of tips and techniques about Photoshop 7 from Photoshop experts Katrin Eismann, Martin Evening, Jeff Schewe, and Steve Broback (who is also a founder of Avondale, and with whom we worked when he helped run Thunder Lizard Productions). Follow the first link below to order the DVD. There's a $7 shipping and handling charge for U.S. delivery (check the chart at the second link below for international destinations). [JLC]
Improve Apple Services with AirPort Base Stations
You can make iChat file transfers, iDisk, and Back to My Mac work better by turning on a setting with Apple AirPort base stations released starting in 2003. Launch AirPort Utility, select your base station, click Manual Setup, choose the Internet view, and click the NAT tab. Check the Enable NAT Port Mapping Protocol (NAT-PMP) box, and click Update. NAT-PMP lets your Mac OS X computer give Apple information to connect back into a network that's otherwise unreachable from the rest of the Internet. This speeds updates and makes connections work better for services run by Apple.
Published in TidBITS 699.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- AirPort Extreme 5.1.3 Firmware Update
- Adobe Checks Into the Creative Suite
- Panther-Prepared PopChar Published
- Mailsmith 2.0.2 Makes Minor Fixes
- Listen to Adam on Inside Mac Radio
- Digital Photography Cruise in January, 2004
- New TidBITS Sponsors: Aladdin Systems & CS Odessa
- TiVo Series2 Wishes and Getting Our Bears Straight
- Mac OS X 10.2.8 Comes and Goes
- PhoneValet, Can You Get That?
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/29-Sep-03