Listen to Adam on Inside Mac Radio -- Want to listen to my informal take on what's going on in the Mac world every week? Scott Sheppard has started producing a daily Macintosh radio show you can listen to on the Internet or download in MP3 format for later listening in iTunes or on your iPod. I'll be talking with Scott on a regular basis, and you can check out the first show at the link below. Earlier in the month, I did an interview with Chuck Joiner on the online-only User Group Report, and with the promise of Scott's Inside Mac Radio Daily appearing regularly, I'm curious to hear on TidBITS Talk what you think of these online radio shows, and if you'd like us to link to interviews with TidBITS staffers on a regular basis. [ACE]
Find Text Leading from Acrobat PDF
Ever have to recreate a document from an Acrobat PDF? You can find out most everything about the text by using the Object Inspector, except the leading. Well, here's a cheesy way to figure it out. Open the PDF in Illustrator (you just need one page). Release any and all clipping masks. Draw a guide at the baseline of the first line of text, and one on the line below. Now, Option-drag the first line to make a copy, and position it exactly next to the original first line at baseline. Then put a return anywhere in the copied line. Now adjust leading of the copied lines, so that the second line of copy rests on the baseline of the second line of the original. Now you know your leading.
Or you could buy expensive software to find the leading. Your choice.
- Adam Interviewed on The User Group Report (01 Sep 03)
Published in TidBITS 699.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- AirPort Extreme 5.1.3 Firmware Update
- Adobe Checks Into the Creative Suite
- Panther-Prepared PopChar Published
- Mailsmith 2.0.2 Makes Minor Fixes
- Avondale Photoshop DVD Giveaway
- Digital Photography Cruise in January, 2004
- New TidBITS Sponsors: Aladdin Systems & CS Odessa
- TiVo Series2 Wishes and Getting Our Bears Straight
- Mac OS X 10.2.8 Comes and Goes
- PhoneValet, Can You Get That?
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/29-Sep-03