Listen to Adam on Inside Mac Radio -- Want to listen to my informal take on what's going on in the Mac world every week? Scott Sheppard has started producing a daily Macintosh radio show you can listen to on the Internet or download in MP3 format for later listening in iTunes or on your iPod. I'll be talking with Scott on a regular basis, and you can check out the first show at the link below. Earlier in the month, I did an interview with Chuck Joiner on the online-only User Group Report, and with the promise of Scott's Inside Mac Radio Daily appearing regularly, I'm curious to hear on TidBITS Talk what you think of these online radio shows, and if you'd like us to link to interviews with TidBITS staffers on a regular basis. [ACE]
Type Faster by Competing in Races
A fun way to improve your typing speed and accuracy is to join an online typing competition at typrX. This typing competition keeps track of your typing speed, while allowing you to compete against other people, either around the world in public races or with friends in private races. To set up a private race with your friends, follow these simple steps.
- Once you have a typrX account, click the Create Private Race button on the front page and you’ll be taken to the private race page.
- From there, copy the track code URL and send it to the friends you want to join the race.
- You can click the Delay Countdown button to add 10 seconds to the clock if you are waiting on your friend to join the race.
- Adam Interviewed on The User Group Report (01 Sep 03)
Published in TidBITS 699.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- AirPort Extreme 5.1.3 Firmware Update
- Adobe Checks Into the Creative Suite
- Panther-Prepared PopChar Published
- Mailsmith 2.0.2 Makes Minor Fixes
- Avondale Photoshop DVD Giveaway
- Digital Photography Cruise in January, 2004
- New TidBITS Sponsors: Aladdin Systems & CS Odessa
- TiVo Series2 Wishes and Getting Our Bears Straight
- Mac OS X 10.2.8 Comes and Goes
- PhoneValet, Can You Get That?
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/29-Sep-03