ConceptDraw V Released -- CS Odessa has released ConceptDraw V, a major revision to their powerful business diagramming package (see "Make the Connection with ConceptDraw" in TidBITS-553 for a full review of an earlier version). New features include XML for Visio support (enabling document exchange with Microsoft Visio), a BASIC-compatible built-in scripting language, more-capable connectors, named styles, new shape collections, document preview in the Open dialog, automatic saving and recovery, database integration via the scripting language, and user authorization. CS Odessa also completely rewrote ConceptDraw's graphics engine to provide anti-aliased text and WYSIWYG text editing. Finally, ConceptDraw V received a complete interface overhaul to add floating palettes and customizable toolbars, enhanced PowerPoint import/export, and support for more graphic file formats. ConceptDraw V Standard costs $150, with upgrades at $80. The Professional version costs $350 with $100 upgrades. [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- Make the Connection with ConceptDraw (30 Oct 00)