DragThing 5.0 Does Its Thing, Again -- TLA Systems has released version 5.0 of the launcher utility DragThing, adding Panther support (while keeping it compatible with Jaguar). There are also many interface improvements, carried out in programmer James Thomson's usual style: thorough, careful, clean, and user-configurable to the nth degree. A new Window dock lists application windows, making DragThing an even better Dock replacement than before. Contextual menus are much more powerful; particularly noteworthy is that documents dropped onto an application's icon in a DragThing dock are remembered in, and can be opened later from, that application's contextual menu. Drag Thing 5 is a $12 upgrade for existing users, and $30 otherwise. A free 2.8 MB download provides two weeks of trial time before disabling some features. [MAN]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard