Next Issue 08-Dec-03 -- We're taking next week off from our regular publication schedule so we can all spend some relaxing time with families and friends over the Thanksgiving holiday here in the U.S. I plan to continue moderating TidBITS Talk many of these days other than a few around Thanksgiving itself, and we'll be using some of the extra time to work on assembling our annual gift issue. Look for the next issue of TidBITS on 08-Dec-03, and for those partaking in the holiday festivities, enjoy! [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.