Next Issue 08-Dec-03 -- We're taking next week off from our regular publication schedule so we can all spend some relaxing time with families and friends over the Thanksgiving holiday here in the U.S. I plan to continue moderating TidBITS Talk many of these days other than a few around Thanksgiving itself, and we'll be using some of the extra time to work on assembling our annual gift issue. Look for the next issue of TidBITS on 08-Dec-03, and for those partaking in the holiday festivities, enjoy! [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software