Free Macworld Expo Passes -- Our friends at Peachpit Press are once again offering free passes to the upcoming Macworld Expo in San Francisco in January. To request a pair of passes (which are exhibits-only passes, normally $15 to $35), send an email message to <firstname.lastname@example.org> with your name and postal address. The passes are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and Peachpit must receive all requests by 29-Dec-03. If you end up with the passes, be sure to stop by the Peachpit booth to thank them, check out their books, and chat with authors like Adam Engst, Jeff Carlson, and Glenn Fleishman. [JLC]
Type an em-dash on an iPhone
Typography and punctuation geeks rejoice! It's easy to type an em-dash on the iPhone's or iPod touch's virtual keyboard. To do so, tap the .?123 key to switch to the numeric keypad. Then touch and hold on the Hyphen key to reveal a pop-up strip showing an em-dash. Slide to the em-dash and release your finger.
Note that this basic trick works with many other keys on the virtual keyboard.
Published in TidBITS 708.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2003-12-05 Protects Your Cookies
- Business Card Composer 2 Offers Online Ordering
- QuicKeys X2 2.0.2 Now Panther-Compatible
- Netopia Releases Timbuktu 7
- DealBITS Drawing: Bare Bones Software
- AppleScript Gets a Truly Definitive Guide
- The Wireless Networking Starter Kit, 2nd Edition Released
- MacPAD: The Future of Mac Software Updates
- iPod Gift Offerings, Part 1
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/08-Dec-03