Free Macworld Expo Passes -- Our friends at Peachpit Press are once again offering free passes to the upcoming Macworld Expo in San Francisco in January. To request a pair of passes (which are exhibits-only passes, normally $15 to $35), send an email message to <firstname.lastname@example.org> with your name and postal address. The passes are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and Peachpit must receive all requests by 29-Dec-03. If you end up with the passes, be sure to stop by the Peachpit booth to thank them, check out their books, and chat with authors like Adam Engst, Jeff Carlson, and Glenn Fleishman. [JLC]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Move a File in the Finder
Sometimes you want to move a file in the Finder across volumes, not copy that file. Holding down the Command key while dragging ensures that the item is copied, and then its original deleted, adding up to a move.
Published in TidBITS 708.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2003-12-05 Protects Your Cookies
- Business Card Composer 2 Offers Online Ordering
- QuicKeys X2 2.0.2 Now Panther-Compatible
- Netopia Releases Timbuktu 7
- DealBITS Drawing: Bare Bones Software
- AppleScript Gets a Truly Definitive Guide
- The Wireless Networking Starter Kit, 2nd Edition Released
- MacPAD: The Future of Mac Software Updates
- iPod Gift Offerings, Part 1
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/08-Dec-03