Free Macworld Expo Passes -- Our friends at Peachpit Press are once again offering free passes to the upcoming Macworld Expo in San Francisco in January. To request a pair of passes (which are exhibits-only passes, normally $15 to $35), send an email message to <email@example.com> with your name and postal address. The passes are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and Peachpit must receive all requests by 29-Dec-03. If you end up with the passes, be sure to stop by the Peachpit booth to thank them, check out their books, and chat with authors like Adam Engst, Jeff Carlson, and Glenn Fleishman. [JLC]
Disable Caps Lock
If you find yourself pressing the Caps Lock key accidentally as much as I do, note that you can disable it entirely in Mac OS X. Open the Keyboard & Mouse preference pane, click the Modifier Keys button, and in the dialog that appears, select No Action from the Caps Lock pop-up menu. You could remap it to another modifier instead, but that might make using differently configured Macs more difficult.
Published in TidBITS 708.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2003-12-05 Protects Your Cookies
- Business Card Composer 2 Offers Online Ordering
- QuicKeys X2 2.0.2 Now Panther-Compatible
- Netopia Releases Timbuktu 7
- DealBITS Drawing: Bare Bones Software
- AppleScript Gets a Truly Definitive Guide
- The Wireless Networking Starter Kit, 2nd Edition Released
- MacPAD: The Future of Mac Software Updates
- iPod Gift Offerings, Part 1
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/08-Dec-03