Business Card Composer 2 Offers Online Ordering -- BeLight Software has updated Business Card Composer, their elegant application for creating attractive business cards. Most notably, Business Card Composer 2 lets you order your custom business cards from an online print shop for reasonable prices; the process works much like ordering photos from within iPhoto. Also new in Business Card Composer 2 is support for custom card and paper sizes, integration with Address Book for printing cards for multiple people at once, and integration with Google Image Search for finding new graphics (although, as the software clearly warns, there are likely copyright restrictions on the use of images found on the Internet; in an ideal world, it would let you search only for images distributed under a Creative Commons license that allowed use). Business Card Composer 2 is free to registered users, although you must fill out an update form to get a new license code; it's a 7 MB download. [TJE]
Fill in Gaps in Pear Note
If you ever find yourself zoning out during a meeting or class, only later to realize that you forgot to take notes for 20 minutes, Pear Note makes it easy to fill in those gaps. To do so:
- Open your Pear Note document.
- Hit play.
- Click on the last text you did type to jump to that point in the recording.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
- Take notes on the part you missed.
Your new notes will be synced to the recording just as if you'd taken them live with the rest of your notes.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 708.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2003-12-05 Protects Your Cookies
- Free Macworld Expo Passes
- QuicKeys X2 2.0.2 Now Panther-Compatible
- Netopia Releases Timbuktu 7
- DealBITS Drawing: Bare Bones Software
- AppleScript Gets a Truly Definitive Guide
- The Wireless Networking Starter Kit, 2nd Edition Released
- MacPAD: The Future of Mac Software Updates
- iPod Gift Offerings, Part 1
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/08-Dec-03