QuicKeys X2 2.0.2 Now Panther-Compatible -- CE Software has released the completed version of their macro utility QuicKeys X2 2.0.2. The most notable change is of course compatibility with Mac OS X 10.3 Panther, since previous versions of QuicKeys were expressly incompatible, and CE made time-limited betas available upon Panther's release (see "Default Folder X and QuicKeys X: Upgrade Before Panther!" in TidBITS-703). QuicKeys X2 2.0.2 also improves typing of text shortcuts, better handles sheets and drawers during macro recording, adds support for the new F16 key on Apple's latest keyboards, and provides several other minor fixes. The update is free for registered users and is an 11.1 MB download. [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- QuicKeys X2 2.1 Released (08 Mar 04)
- Default Folder X & QuicKeys X: Upgrade Before Panther! (27 Oct 03)
Published in TidBITS 708.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2003-12-05 Protects Your Cookies
- Free Macworld Expo Passes
- Business Card Composer 2 Offers Online Ordering
- Netopia Releases Timbuktu 7
- DealBITS Drawing: Bare Bones Software
- AppleScript Gets a Truly Definitive Guide
- The Wireless Networking Starter Kit, 2nd Edition Released
- MacPAD: The Future of Mac Software Updates
- iPod Gift Offerings, Part 1
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/08-Dec-03