QuicKeys X2 2.0.2 Now Panther-Compatible -- CE Software has released the completed version of their macro utility QuicKeys X2 2.0.2. The most notable change is of course compatibility with Mac OS X 10.3 Panther, since previous versions of QuicKeys were expressly incompatible, and CE made time-limited betas available upon Panther's release (see "Default Folder X and QuicKeys X: Upgrade Before Panther!" in TidBITS-703). QuicKeys X2 2.0.2 also improves typing of text shortcuts, better handles sheets and drawers during macro recording, adds support for the new F16 key on Apple's latest keyboards, and provides several other minor fixes. The update is free for registered users and is an 11.1 MB download. [ACE]
Set Password Activation Time in Snow Leopard
In Snow Leopard, you can now set an amount of time after your Mac goes to sleep or engages the screen saver before it requires a password to log back on. In Leopard, the option was simply to require the password or not. Choose among several increments, between 5 seconds and 4 hours, from System Preferences > Security.
- QuicKeys X2 2.1 Released (08 Mar 04)
- Default Folder X & QuicKeys X: Upgrade Before Panther! (27 Oct 03)
Published in TidBITS 708.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2003-12-05 Protects Your Cookies
- Free Macworld Expo Passes
- Business Card Composer 2 Offers Online Ordering
- Netopia Releases Timbuktu 7
- DealBITS Drawing: Bare Bones Software
- AppleScript Gets a Truly Definitive Guide
- The Wireless Networking Starter Kit, 2nd Edition Released
- MacPAD: The Future of Mac Software Updates
- iPod Gift Offerings, Part 1
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/08-Dec-03