Rev Now Has Online Ordering -- The folks at 6prime wrote to say that they were inundated with orders for Rev after my review of their excellent revision control program in TidBITS-362. To better handle the volume, they've scrambled to put an order form online at the URL below. The price remains $49.95. Shipping and handling (and a bonus mug) is $4 for U.S. and Canadian addresses, but if you don't need a disk or mug or are outside of the U.S. or Canada, you can save the $4 and go for email delivery. [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- Rev: Saving Us From Saver's Remorse (20 Jan 97)