DealBITS Drawing: Insider Software Winner -- Congratulations to David Graham of grahams.net, whose entry was chosen randomly in our fourth DealBITS drawing and who will be receiving a boxed copy of FontAgent Pro from Insider Software. Don't despair if we didn't pick your entry, since Insider Software is offering a 20 percent discount on FontAgent Pro for all TidBITS readers, bringing the price down to $80. The discount is good through 12-Jan-04 via the second link below. Thanks to the 525 people who entered, and keep an eye out for future DealBITS drawings. [ACE]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
- DealBITS Drawing: Insider Software (15 Dec 03)