Celebrating Martin Luther King Day -- Here in the U.S., it's a national holiday - Martin Luther King Day. Despite the fact that offices and schools are closed, it's not a holiday that invites the drawing inward of many other holidays. Instead, Martin Luther King Day is meant as a day for community service initiatives and programs promoting interracial cooperation: a day on, not a day off. However you choose to observe the holiday, and whether or not you live in the U.S., I recommend spending, as I did, a few moments listening to Martin Luther King's own words, as archived by The Martin Luther King, Jr. Papers Project at Stanford University. [ACE]
Calculate with Spotlight
Have a quick calculation to perform? Don't bother opening Calculator, simply enter the calculation into Spotlight's search bar, and Spotlight displays the answer as the top item. To perform further calculations, hit Return, or click the answer, and Spotlight launches Calculator.
Visit MacTipster blog
Published in TidBITS 713.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Posts $63 Million First Quarter Profit
- AppleWorks Updates Span Platforms
- iCal 1.5.2 Released
- Give Me Death and Give Me Liberty
- DealBITS Drawing: Cocoatech
- Spam Volume Increases, Habeas Spoofed
- Apple Clarifies Logic at NAMM
- Macworld Expo SF 2004 Superlatives
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/19-Jan-04