BBEdit 7.1.2 Available -- Bare Bones Software has released BBEdit 7.1.2, an update to its professional-level text, HTML, and programming editor. As usual, the product release notes detail new features and copious adjustments and fixes; of special note are the ability to press Command-period to interrupt long-running grep searches (handy when you mess up an expression used to cull through a 60 MB log file!) and the option to specify alternate ports for SFTP connections. BBEdit's built-in FTP client no longer sends NOOP commands to remote FTP servers every 30 seconds; BBEdit used to do this to try to keep the FTP session open, but if there was a problem or network congestion, BBEdit could stall. BBEdit 7.1.2 is free to registered users of BBEdit 7, and it is available as a 12.9 MB disk image for either Mac OS 9 or Mac OS X 10.2 or later. [GD]
iTunes Apps Tab in Landscape?
If your iPad is locked in landscape orientation when in the charging dock, apps in the Apps tab of iTunes will display in landscape orientation. (This also occurs when your iPad is not in the dock but connected to iTunes via the charging cable while in landscape orientation).
Published in TidBITS 715.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Safari 1.2, Java 1.4.2
- Retrospect 6.0 and Mac OS X Server
- Security Update 2004-01-26 Released
- 10 Percent Off Your Next Take Control Order
- Apple Announces Replacements for Some iBook Logic Boards
- Apple Slips WPA Security into Original AirPort Cards
- Life Balance: Balanced Software for Unbalanced People
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/02-Feb-04