Retrospect 6.0 and Mac OS X Server -- In last week's TidBITS article about the release of Dantz Development's Retrospect 6.0, we made a small error when talking about compatibility with Mac OS X Server. Retrospect Server can back up Mac OS X Server, either by running on the same Mac or using remote Retrospect Client software. In contrast, the less-expensive Retrospect Workgroup cannot back up Mac OS X Server machines using Retrospect Client, but it can back up Mac OS X Server if it's running on the same Mac (we missed that final detail). It's a subtle point, but for offices whose backup servers run Mac OS X Server, it's a difference of $200 in the upgrade price and more when buying a new copy. [GF]
Easily Change Firewall Settings in VirusBarrier X6
If you need different levels of protection on your laptop based on location, you can set up VirusBarrier X6's two-way firewall with multiple configurations. Whenever you change locations, switch easily to the firewall settings you want to use from the Intego menu, located in the menu bar. Make as many configurations as you want: for home, office, when you're on public Wi-Fi, and so on.
- Dantz Ships Panther-Compatible Retrospect 6.0 (26 Jan 04)
Published in TidBITS 715.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Safari 1.2, Java 1.4.2
- BBEdit 7.1.2 Available
- Security Update 2004-01-26 Released
- 10 Percent Off Your Next Take Control Order
- Apple Announces Replacements for Some iBook Logic Boards
- Apple Slips WPA Security into Original AirPort Cards
- Life Balance: Balanced Software for Unbalanced People
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/02-Feb-04