Retrospect 6.0 and Mac OS X Server -- In last week's TidBITS article about the release of Dantz Development's Retrospect 6.0, we made a small error when talking about compatibility with Mac OS X Server. Retrospect Server can back up Mac OS X Server, either by running on the same Mac or using remote Retrospect Client software. In contrast, the less-expensive Retrospect Workgroup cannot back up Mac OS X Server machines using Retrospect Client, but it can back up Mac OS X Server if it's running on the same Mac (we missed that final detail). It's a subtle point, but for offices whose backup servers run Mac OS X Server, it's a difference of $200 in the upgrade price and more when buying a new copy. [GF]
View Full Threads in Apple Mail
Many users are aware of Apple Mail's message threading feature, which highlights related email messages within the Inbox. However, many people don't know how to view both sent and received messages within a thread at once. To do so, first enable Message Threading under Mail's Viewing Preferences. Then, Command-click both the mailbox containing your threaded messages, and your Sent box. Now you can view both sent and received messages within the thread simultaneously.
Visit MacTipster blog
- Dantz Ships Panther-Compatible Retrospect 6.0 (26 Jan 04)
Published in TidBITS 715.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Safari 1.2, Java 1.4.2
- BBEdit 7.1.2 Available
- Security Update 2004-01-26 Released
- 10 Percent Off Your Next Take Control Order
- Apple Announces Replacements for Some iBook Logic Boards
- Apple Slips WPA Security into Original AirPort Cards
- Life Balance: Balanced Software for Unbalanced People
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/02-Feb-04