Security Update 2004-01-26 Released -- Apple has released Security Update 2004-01-26 for Mac OS X 10.1.5, Mac OS X 10.2.8 Jaguar, and Mac OS X 10.3.2 Panther (both normal and server versions). The update addresses a slew of potential security issues, including problems with the AppleShare server, Apache 1.3 and 2, Classic, Mail, Safari, Windows File Sharing, and more. It's easiest to get the update through Software Update, though individual updates are available from Apple's download site. The size of the download ranges from 2.2 MB to 7.8 MB, depending on the version you need, but as always with security updates, they're worth getting. [ACE]
Single Time Machine Backups
Tired of Time Machine running all the time? You can turn it off in the Time Machine preference pane, but still initiate a single backup by choosing Back Up Now from Time Machine's menu bar icon. Of course, your backup is much less likely to be up to date, but Time Machine won't be taking any resources while you're trying to work.
- Security Update 2004-04-05 Released (05 Apr 04)
Published in TidBITS 715.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Safari 1.2, Java 1.4.2
- BBEdit 7.1.2 Available
- Retrospect 6.0 and Mac OS X Server
- 10 Percent Off Your Next Take Control Order
- Apple Announces Replacements for Some iBook Logic Boards
- Apple Slips WPA Security into Original AirPort Cards
- Life Balance: Balanced Software for Unbalanced People
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/02-Feb-04