Security Update 2004-01-26 Released -- Apple has released Security Update 2004-01-26 for Mac OS X 10.1.5, Mac OS X 10.2.8 Jaguar, and Mac OS X 10.3.2 Panther (both normal and server versions). The update addresses a slew of potential security issues, including problems with the AppleShare server, Apache 1.3 and 2, Classic, Mail, Safari, Windows File Sharing, and more. It's easiest to get the update through Software Update, though individual updates are available from Apple's download site. The size of the download ranges from 2.2 MB to 7.8 MB, depending on the version you need, but as always with security updates, they're worth getting. [ACE]
Easily Change Firewall Settings in VirusBarrier X6
If you need different levels of protection on your laptop based on location, you can set up VirusBarrier X6's two-way firewall with multiple configurations. Whenever you change locations, switch easily to the firewall settings you want to use from the Intego menu, located in the menu bar. Make as many configurations as you want: for home, office, when you're on public Wi-Fi, and so on.
- Security Update 2004-04-05 Released (05 Apr 04)
Published in TidBITS 715.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Safari 1.2, Java 1.4.2
- BBEdit 7.1.2 Available
- Retrospect 6.0 and Mac OS X Server
- 10 Percent Off Your Next Take Control Order
- Apple Announces Replacements for Some iBook Logic Boards
- Apple Slips WPA Security into Original AirPort Cards
- Life Balance: Balanced Software for Unbalanced People
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/02-Feb-04