Security Update 2004-01-26 Released -- Apple has released Security Update 2004-01-26 for Mac OS X 10.1.5, Mac OS X 10.2.8 Jaguar, and Mac OS X 10.3.2 Panther (both normal and server versions). The update addresses a slew of potential security issues, including problems with the AppleShare server, Apache 1.3 and 2, Classic, Mail, Safari, Windows File Sharing, and more. It's easiest to get the update through Software Update, though individual updates are available from Apple's download site. The size of the download ranges from 2.2 MB to 7.8 MB, depending on the version you need, but as always with security updates, they're worth getting. [ACE]
New Documents in Snow Leopard's TextEdit
In the Snow Leopard version of TextEdit, you can now create a new document by Control-clicking TextEdit's Dock icon (when it's running), and choosing New Document from the pop-up menu. This isn't a major feature, of course, since you can also just press Command-N while in TextEdit, but consider Control-clicking other applications' Dock icons to see what functions they might make available.
- Security Update 2004-04-05 Released (05 Apr 04)
Published in TidBITS 715.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Safari 1.2, Java 1.4.2
- BBEdit 7.1.2 Available
- Retrospect 6.0 and Mac OS X Server
- 10 Percent Off Your Next Take Control Order
- Apple Announces Replacements for Some iBook Logic Boards
- Apple Slips WPA Security into Original AirPort Cards
- Life Balance: Balanced Software for Unbalanced People
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/02-Feb-04