10 Percent Off Your Next Take Control Order -- I messed up big time. At Macworld Expo a few weeks ago, we wanted to give Take Control cards to people we talked to about our electronic book series, and we thought it would be helpful to have the cards be coupons, so people would have additional incentive to hang on to them. Jeff Carlson designed some cool cards; we had them professionally printed; our authors handed out a bunch at the show; and then we sat back and watched absolutely nothing happen. We had written it off as a failed experiment, but last Friday I heard from someone who found the code was invalid when he tried to use the coupon. I investigated and had the stomach-wrenching realization that I had never activated the coupon in eSellerate's interface, guaranteeing it wouldn't work. I activated it immediately, but since we have no way of knowing who may have had trouble, we're opening the discount up to all TidBITS readers and extending the expiration date through the end of February. The coupon is good for 10 percent off your next order; just enter code CPN31212MCW when placing an order. I'll go and take my wet noodle flogging now. [ACE]
Published in TidBITS 715.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Safari 1.2, Java 1.4.2
- BBEdit 7.1.2 Available
- Retrospect 6.0 and Mac OS X Server
- Security Update 2004-01-26 Released
- Apple Announces Replacements for Some iBook Logic Boards
- Apple Slips WPA Security into Original AirPort Cards
- Life Balance: Balanced Software for Unbalanced People
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/02-Feb-04