Take Control User Group Discount -- User groups have long been one of the mainstays of the Macintosh community, which is why we've always encouraged user group newsletters to reprint TidBITS articles for free. Now we want to extend that support to our new Take Control series of electronic books, so we're offering all user group members coupons that are good for 10 percent off all orders. We're also planning to provide a free copy of each book to user groups for raffling off and/or review in the group newsletter. If you're in a user group, ask one of the officers of your group to contact me at <firstname.lastname@example.org>, and I'll put your group on our list to receive the free copies and the discount coupons. [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software