Interarchy 7.0 Adds Tabs, Improves Interface -- Stairways Software has released Interarchy 7.0, the latest version of their flexible Internet file transfer and network utility. For Interarchy 7.0, Stairways has concentrated in large part on enhancing the interface, pulling approaches from a number of common Apple programs. Interarchy 7.0 offers Safari-like tabs so you can avoid having many windows to different FTP sites open simultaneously, adds a Finder-like icon view to the existing list and column views, and provides a bookmark management approach reminiscent of Safari's bookmark collections. Other welcome improvements include a single combined Transfers window, Mac OS X-style toolbars in every window, a History menu for recent actions, and a new Network Host Info window that displays IP address, ping results, MX records, and DNS information. Under the hood, Interarchy is now completely Mac OS X native, using Carbon events and native core networking. Like previous versions, Interarchy 7.0 can upload and download files via FTP, SFTP, FTP/SSH, and can download files or entire Web sites via HTTP, all with a variety of repeating, scheduling, and link checking options. Beyond file transfer, the program also features a suite of network testing tools including packet watching, port scanning, bandwidth monitoring, and more. Interarchy 7.0 costs $40, with free upgrades from the previous version for anyone who purchased since 01-Oct-03 and $20 for those who purchased before that date. Interarchy 7.0 requires Mac OS X 10.2 or later and is a 2.7 MB download. [ACE]
Fill in Gaps in Pear Note
If you ever find yourself zoning out during a meeting or class, only later to realize that you forgot to take notes for 20 minutes, Pear Note makes it easy to fill in those gaps. To do so:
- Open your Pear Note document.
- Hit play.
- Click on the last text you did type to jump to that point in the recording.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
- Take notes on the part you missed.
Your new notes will be synced to the recording just as if you'd taken them live with the rest of your notes.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Interarchy 7.0.1 Adds Polish (08 Mar 04)
Published in TidBITS 718.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2004-02-23 Available
- iSight 1.0.2 Software Released
- Apple Adds More RSS Syndication Feeds
- Adam Interviewed on The User Group Report
- Apple: Debt-Free and Flush with Cash
- Austin Indie Bands Shared via iTunes
- Solving AppleWorks Corruption Problems
- iPhoto 4: The Potential Remains
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/23-Feb-04
Interarchy 7.0 Adds Tabs, Improves Interface
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and