iSight 1.0.2 Software Released -- Apple has improved the software for its sleek iSight video camera. The iSight 1.0.2 update improves auto exposure, auto white balance, and overall performance. It also enhances compliance with IIDC, the specification governed by the 1394 Trade Association used for PC-to-camera communications over FireWire. The iSight 1.0.2 update is available via Software Update or as a free 512K download, and requires Mac OS X 10.2.8 or Mac OS X 10.3.2 or higher. [JLC]
Mac OS X Zip Expanding Utility
Firefox (and possibly other applications) may ask you what you want to do with .zip archives that you download from the Internet. If you want to expand them with Mac OS X (rather than StuffIt Expander), you may be unsure of which application actually does the job. You're looking for Archive Utility (in Leopard and later) or BOMArchiveHelper (in Tiger). In either case, the application is stored in Hard Drive/System/Library/Core Services/. Don't move it from there, though, or you'll confuse matters.
Published in TidBITS 718.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2004-02-23 Available
- Interarchy 7.0 Adds Tabs, Improves Interface
- Apple Adds More RSS Syndication Feeds
- Adam Interviewed on The User Group Report
- Apple: Debt-Free and Flush with Cash
- Austin Indie Bands Shared via iTunes
- Solving AppleWorks Corruption Problems
- iPhoto 4: The Potential Remains
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/23-Feb-04