Interarchy 7.0.1 Adds Polish -- Only a few weeks after the initial release of Interarchy 7.0 (see "Interarchy 7.0 Adds Tabs, Improves Interface" in TidBITS-718), Stairways Software has released a free update to tweak a few features and squash a few bugs. Interarchy 7.0.1 now supports custom port numbers for SFTP connections, provides keyboard shortcuts for opening folders in new tabs and for editing URLs, better handles aliases in the Bookmarks window and Startup Items folder, and more. It's free to registered users and is a 2.7 MB download. Because Interarchy 7.0.1 requires Mac OS X 10.2 or later, Stairways Software has made Interarchy 6.3 available for free for those still using Mac OS 8.5 or later versions of the classic Mac OS. [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Interarchy 7.0 Adds Tabs, Improves Interface (23 Feb 04)