AirPort Software Update 3.3.1 Released - Apple posted an update for owners of AirPort Extreme cards and base stations that fixes a troublesome bug that could cause a kernel panic when switching network locations. The update is a free 1 MB download via Software Update or from Apple's Web site. [JLC]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 720.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
AirPort Software Update 3.3.1 Released
your PDFs, fill and sign forms, and even export PDFs to Word format.
Signing is now easier, you can view the OCR text layer, and more.
Try editing your PDFs today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen-7-tb>