Adam's March Radio Shows -- I've done guest spots on a pair of radio shows recently, so if you'd like to hear my conversations regarding Wi-Fi security, the recent worm plague, our move to Web Crossing, Take Control, and what's happening in the Mac industry, listen to Gene Steinberg's Mac Night Owl show from 05-Mar-04 (you may need to load the show URL directly into QuickTime Player, and I'm in the second half), and Scott Sheppard's Inside Mac Radio show on 13-Mar-04 (again, I'm in the second half). [ACE]
Type an em-dash on an iPhone
Typography and punctuation geeks rejoice! It's easy to type an em-dash on the iPhone's or iPod touch's virtual keyboard. To do so, tap the .?123 key to switch to the numeric keypad. Then touch and hold on the Hyphen key to reveal a pop-up strip showing an em-dash. Slide to the em-dash and release your finger.
Note that this basic trick works with many other keys on the virtual keyboard.
Published in TidBITS 721.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.3.3
- The Devonian Age Continues
- iTunes Music Store Tops 50 Million Songs Sold
- The New Face of FaceSpan
- Perl Made Easy with Affrus 1.0
- Style Master 3.5 Works Web Site Wizardry
- NoteTaker 1.8 Hits More High Notes
- Revisiting Panther's FireWire Data Loss Problem
- FileMaker Pro 7: Can You Say Paradigm Shift?
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/15-Mar-04