Adam's March Radio Shows -- I've done guest spots on a pair of radio shows recently, so if you'd like to hear my conversations regarding Wi-Fi security, the recent worm plague, our move to Web Crossing, Take Control, and what's happening in the Mac industry, listen to Gene Steinberg's Mac Night Owl show from 05-Mar-04 (you may need to load the show URL directly into QuickTime Player, and I'm in the second half), and Scott Sheppard's Inside Mac Radio show on 13-Mar-04 (again, I'm in the second half). [ACE]
Enabling Auto Spelling Correction in Snow Leopard
In Snow Leopard, the automatic spelling correction in applications is not usually activated by default. To turn it on, make sure the cursor's insertion point is somewhere where text can be entered, and either choose Edit > Spelling and Grammar > Correct Spelling Automatically or, if the Edit menu's submenu doesn't have what you need, Control-click where you're typing and choose Spelling and Grammar > Correct Spelling Automatically from the contextual menu that appears. The latter approach is particularly likely to be necessary in Safari and other WebKit-based applications, like Mailplane.
Published in TidBITS 721.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.3.3
- The Devonian Age Continues
- iTunes Music Store Tops 50 Million Songs Sold
- The New Face of FaceSpan
- Perl Made Easy with Affrus 1.0
- Style Master 3.5 Works Web Site Wizardry
- NoteTaker 1.8 Hits More High Notes
- Revisiting Panther's FireWire Data Loss Problem
- FileMaker Pro 7: Can You Say Paradigm Shift?
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/15-Mar-04