Macminer.com: Better Mac Headlines -- As you know, we're highly selective about what news we publish in TidBITS, which makes for quite a job of culling through the press releases we receive and scanning other sites to see what else is happening that might warrant coverage. I've just come across a new site that promises to make lighter work of our headline scanning: Macminer.com. Started by Tobias Engler, who helped translate TidBITS into German several years ago, Macminer.com takes the standard headline list to new levels. You can click any headline to view it, of course, but more interestingly, you can click buttons next to each headline to email it to a friend, view similar news stories, show all the headlines from a particular site, and hide all the headlines from sites that don't interest you (this last setting is persistent). A Hot Topics listing at the top of the screen lets you filter the headlines along specific topics, and more general filters allow you to categorize your news views. You can even create your own filters. It's highly refreshing to see a news headline site that so completely understands that it's a database and make database-style actions possible - it's basically a smart search engine for Mac news. If you're a Mac news hound, check it out. [ACE]
Manage Multiple ChronoSync Documents
If you have multiple ChronoSync documents and need to run your syncs or backups manually, you may find it taxing to open each ChronoSync document and execute it manually. There are two easy methods to simplify managing multiple ChronoSync documents.
- You can add the ChronoSync documents to a Container document. A Container holds multiple ChronoSync documents and enables you to control several ChronoSync documents as if they were one document.
- You can make use of the Scheduled Documents Manager window to collect and organize commonly used ChronoSync documents without scheduling them.
Both methods allow you to schedule or manually run your syncs and backups.
Visit ChronoSync Tips
Published in TidBITS 722.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Belkin Offering External Microphone Adapter for iPod
- GraphicConverter 5.0.1 Released
- Guy Kawasaki's Cover Contest
- DealBITS Drawing: PDFpen from SmileOnMyMac
- Mounting Servers Becomes Rational in 10.3.3
- BookBITS: Apple Confidential 2.0
- Sender Policy Framework: SPF Protection for Email
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/22-Mar-04