Guy Kawasaki's Cover Contest -- Guy Kawasaki, Apple's original evangelist and now CEO of the venture capital investment bank Garage Technology Ventures, is running a contest to come up with a cover for his upcoming book, The Art of the Start. Click the graphic on the page linked below, submit your entry, and you could win a Canon EOS Digital Rebel camera with lens, an autographed copy of the book, and 250 credits toward images on iStockPhoto.com. The deadline for entry is 15-Apr-04. PS: From what I saw of the drafts, it's a good book. [ACE]
Copy Existing Filename to 'Save As' Field
While many utilities provide file naming automation, they're mostly overkill for those cases when you need to make small variations in file content while ensuring the documents group together in a "by name" list.
In the Save As dialog, the default name is the current document name. You can quickly change this to match any existing file.
1. Make the list of files the active element.
2. Click on a grayed-out filename, which momentarily turns black.
3. The Save As field now contains the filename you just clicked.
You can modify the name (adding, say, "version 3") or overwrite that existing file you clicked.
Published in TidBITS 722.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Macminer.com: Better Mac Headlines
- Belkin Offering External Microphone Adapter for iPod
- GraphicConverter 5.0.1 Released
- DealBITS Drawing: PDFpen from SmileOnMyMac
- Mounting Servers Becomes Rational in 10.3.3
- BookBITS: Apple Confidential 2.0
- Sender Policy Framework: SPF Protection for Email
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/22-Mar-04