Guy Kawasaki's Cover Contest -- Guy Kawasaki, Apple's original evangelist and now CEO of the venture capital investment bank Garage Technology Ventures, is running a contest to come up with a cover for his upcoming book, The Art of the Start. Click the graphic on the page linked below, submit your entry, and you could win a Canon EOS Digital Rebel camera with lens, an autographed copy of the book, and 250 credits toward images on iStockPhoto.com. The deadline for entry is 15-Apr-04. PS: From what I saw of the drafts, it's a good book. [ACE]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 722.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Macminer.com: Better Mac Headlines
- Belkin Offering External Microphone Adapter for iPod
- GraphicConverter 5.0.1 Released
- DealBITS Drawing: PDFpen from SmileOnMyMac
- Mounting Servers Becomes Rational in 10.3.3
- BookBITS: Apple Confidential 2.0
- Sender Policy Framework: SPF Protection for Email
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/22-Mar-04