Adobe Discontinues FrameMaker for Macintosh -- In an unsurprising announcement, Adobe Systems said that it would discontinue the Macintosh version of the high-end publishing program FrameMaker as of 21-Apr-04. Support for FrameMaker 7.1 for the Mac will continue through 21-Apr-05. Adobe never brought FrameMaker to Mac OS X, forcing long-time users to run it in Mac OS X's Classic environment. The move leaves Macintosh FrameMaker users with several unpalatable options: switch to Windows (or Solaris), where Adobe plans to continue developing FrameMaker, or move to InDesign CS, which lacks some of FrameMaker's features for handling long documents and XML imports and exports. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.