No TidBITS 19-Apr-04 -- We're taking the next issue of TidBITS off for a little hard-earned rest and recuperation in Hawaii at my sister Jennifer's wedding. Those who have been with us from the beginning may remember that back in 1992, Jennifer converted our first 99 issues from HyperCard format into setext, which was an essential step in allowing us to provide a complete archive containing every TidBITS issue. Aside from the wedding festivities, Tonya and I are looking forward to downtime and extra sleep to make up for what we've lost in the last week while dealing with Tristan's cold-exacerbated asthma troubles. So, although we'll try to keep TidBITS Talk flowing, we won't be reading or replying to other email on a regular basis. Our next issue will be released on 26-Apr-04. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.