iMovie 4.0.1 Improves Performance -- Apple has released iMovie 4.0.1, which improves performance in long projects and fixes a few bugs in the video editing application. The update corrects problems when launching the program and adding titles to the timeline, and better handles projects that used third-party plug-ins which are no longer present. It also includes fixes for pixelated video, corrupted Ken Burns (pan and zoom) clips, and audio loss after emptying the trash. Apple recommends upgrading to QuickTime 6.5.1 and, if you use an iSight as your video input source, iSight 1.0.2. The iMovie 4.0.1 update is a 1.2 MB download, and is also available in Software Update. [JLC]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- iMovie 4 in the Viewfinder (10 May 04)