Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.3.4 Update -- Apple has released Mac OS X 10.3.4, a free update for owners of Mac OS X 10.3 Panther. (A similar update was also released for Mac OS X Server 10.3.) Apple says the update addresses issues in Mail, Safari, Address Book, Stickies, QuickTime Player, and DVD Player; and improves behavior with iPods connected via USB 2.0, mass storage devices, and video cameras connected to PowerBooks via FireWire. The installer also reportedly incorporates recent security updates (although Adam was prompted to install the latest security update on one Mac even after installing 10.3.4), improves file sharing and directory services, and fixes some disc burning oddities. The update is available via Software Update, which requires a 41 MB download. A standalone installer is available as a 39.5 MB download to update from Mac OS X 10.3.3, or as a 79 MB combined update for any earlier version of 10.3. [MHA]
Adding Links in Snow Leopard's Mail
Apple Mail in Snow Leopard now has a Command-key shortcut for adding a link to an email.
If you use plain-text email, this will not be helpful at all, but if you send styled email, it's a nice shortcut for adding URLs to your email messages. Simply select the word(s) you want to make into a link, press Command-K, and enter the URL to build into the link.
Other articles in the series Panther Answers
- Security Update 2004-09-16 Fixes iChat Vulnerability (20 Sep 04)
- Security Update 2004-09-07 1.1 Fixes FTP & Safari (20 Sep 04)
- Security Update 2004-09-07 Potentially Problematic (13 Sep 04)
- Quicken 2005 Released (09 Aug 04)
- Revisiting Panther's FireWire Data Loss Problem (15 Mar 04)
- Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.3.3 (15 Mar 04)
- How FileVault Should Work (01 Mar 04)
- A Slew of Apple Software Updates (05 Jan 04)
- New Panther Language Features (17 Nov 03)
- Panther Application Improvements (10 Nov 03)
- WPA Weakness Discovered, but Easily Solved (10 Nov 03)
- Fixes Available for Some Panther FireWire Troubles (03 Nov 03)
- Security Update 2003-10-28 Released (03 Nov 03)
- Interesting Bits of Panther (27 Oct 03)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther Unleashed (27 Oct 03)
- Default Folder X & QuicKeys X: Upgrade Before Panther! (27 Oct 03)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther Springs at WWDC (23 Jun 03)
Published in TidBITS 732.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Creo Six Degrees 2.0 Supports More Email Programs
- Ergonis's KeyCue Offers Keyboard Shortcut Cheat Sheet
- Eudora 6.1.1 Released
- PowerMail 5 Released
- Security Update 2004-06-07 Plugs Launch Services Holes
- Apple Fixes Two Security Holes
- AirPort Express Brings Audio, Portability to Wireless Networking
- Tech Tool Pro 4 Joins Our Disk Repair Comparison
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/07-Jun-04