Eudora 6.1.1 Released -- Qualcomm has released Eudora 6.1.1, a minor update to the company's popular email program. Bug fixes include a fix to importing from Apple Mail, tweaks to Eudora's Bayesian-based spam filter, and other minor fixes. Although the update is minor (and free), it's worth getting because one of the spam filter fixes eliminates a bug that could cause corruption of Eudora's junk mail database. Eudora 6.1.1 is available for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X and is a 6.1 MB download. [ACE]
Option-Click AirPort Menu for Network Details
If you hold down the Option key while clicking the AirPort menu in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, you'll see not just the names of nearby Wi-Fi networks, but additional details about the selected network. Details include the MAC address of the network, the channel used by the base station, the signal strength (a negative number; the closer to zero it is, the stronger the signal), and the transmit rate in megabits per second showing actual network throughput. If you hover the cursor over the name of a network to which you're not connected, a little yellow pop-up shows the signal strength and type of encryption.
- Eudora 6.1 Adds Google Searching (12 Apr 04)
Published in TidBITS 732.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.3.4 Update
- Creo Six Degrees 2.0 Supports More Email Programs
- Ergonis's KeyCue Offers Keyboard Shortcut Cheat Sheet
- PowerMail 5 Released
- Security Update 2004-06-07 Plugs Launch Services Holes
- Apple Fixes Two Security Holes
- AirPort Express Brings Audio, Portability to Wireless Networking
- Tech Tool Pro 4 Joins Our Disk Repair Comparison
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/07-Jun-04