Eudora 6.1.1 Released -- Qualcomm has released Eudora 6.1.1, a minor update to the company's popular email program. Bug fixes include a fix to importing from Apple Mail, tweaks to Eudora's Bayesian-based spam filter, and other minor fixes. Although the update is minor (and free), it's worth getting because one of the spam filter fixes eliminates a bug that could cause corruption of Eudora's junk mail database. Eudora 6.1.1 is available for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X and is a 6.1 MB download. [ACE]
Improve Apple Services with AirPort Base Stations
You can make iChat file transfers, iDisk, and Back to My Mac work better by turning on a setting with Apple AirPort base stations released starting in 2003. Launch AirPort Utility, select your base station, click Manual Setup, choose the Internet view, and click the NAT tab. Check the Enable NAT Port Mapping Protocol (NAT-PMP) box, and click Update. NAT-PMP lets your Mac OS X computer give Apple information to connect back into a network that's otherwise unreachable from the rest of the Internet. This speeds updates and makes connections work better for services run by Apple.
- Eudora 6.1 Adds Google Searching (12 Apr 04)
Published in TidBITS 732.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.3.4 Update
- Creo Six Degrees 2.0 Supports More Email Programs
- Ergonis's KeyCue Offers Keyboard Shortcut Cheat Sheet
- PowerMail 5 Released
- Security Update 2004-06-07 Plugs Launch Services Holes
- Apple Fixes Two Security Holes
- AirPort Express Brings Audio, Portability to Wireless Networking
- Tech Tool Pro 4 Joins Our Disk Repair Comparison
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/07-Jun-04