Eudora 6.1.1 Released -- Qualcomm has released Eudora 6.1.1, a minor update to the company's popular email program. Bug fixes include a fix to importing from Apple Mail, tweaks to Eudora's Bayesian-based spam filter, and other minor fixes. Although the update is minor (and free), it's worth getting because one of the spam filter fixes eliminates a bug that could cause corruption of Eudora's junk mail database. Eudora 6.1.1 is available for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X and is a 6.1 MB download. [ACE]
Copy Before Submitting Web Forms
Filling in Web forms (like the one used to submit this tip) can be a bit of a gamble - you put in your pearls of wisdom, perhaps only to lose them all if the Web page flakes out or the browser crashes. Instead of losing all your text, "save" it by pressing Command-A to select all and then Command-C to copy the selected text to the clipboard. Do this periodically as you type and before you click Submit, and you may "save" yourself from a lot of frustration. It takes just a second to do, and the first time you need to rely on it to paste back in lost text, you'll feel smart.
- Eudora 6.1 Adds Google Searching (12 Apr 04)
Published in TidBITS 732.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.3.4 Update
- Creo Six Degrees 2.0 Supports More Email Programs
- Ergonis's KeyCue Offers Keyboard Shortcut Cheat Sheet
- PowerMail 5 Released
- Security Update 2004-06-07 Plugs Launch Services Holes
- Apple Fixes Two Security Holes
- AirPort Express Brings Audio, Portability to Wireless Networking
- Tech Tool Pro 4 Joins Our Disk Repair Comparison
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/07-Jun-04