PowerMail 5 Released -- In other email news, CTM Development has shipped PowerMail 5, a major revision of their email client. PowerMail 5 features tight integration with Michael Tsai's excellent SpamSieve for spam filtering, significant performance improvements throughout, additional filter actions, automatic deletion of trashed mail after a user-specified number of days, support for long file names and aliases for attachments, fully customizable toolbars, multiple Undos for various message management actions, and more. Upgrades from PowerMail 3 and 4 cost $30 (or $45 with SpamSieve, a significant discount); upgrades are free for those who purchased PowerMail 4.2.1 in the last three months. New licenses cost $50, or $65 with SpamSieve. PowerMail 5 requires Mac OS X 10.2 or later; a demo is available as a 4.8 MB download. [ACE]
Export Word 2008's Audio Notes to Your iPod
You can use Word 2008's Notebook Layout View to take notes and record audio for lectures. Choose View > Notebook Layout View. Click the Audio icon in the Notebook Layout toolbar and then adjust the input volume and click the round recording button. Any notes you type while recording audio are coordinated with the audio. Sync your notes to your iPod for on-the-go studying. Choose Tools > Audio Notes > Export Audio. Save the file to your iTunes music folder.
Visit Mactopia - Word 2008
Published in TidBITS 732.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.3.4 Update
- Creo Six Degrees 2.0 Supports More Email Programs
- Ergonis's KeyCue Offers Keyboard Shortcut Cheat Sheet
- Eudora 6.1.1 Released
- Security Update 2004-06-07 Plugs Launch Services Holes
- Apple Fixes Two Security Holes
- AirPort Express Brings Audio, Portability to Wireless Networking
- Tech Tool Pro 4 Joins Our Disk Repair Comparison
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/07-Jun-04