Web Information Systems Sponsoring TidBITS -- I'm pleased to welcome our latest long-term sponsor, a small developer called Web Information Systems that has recently released the $25 application MindFortress for Mac OS X 10.3. On the face of it, MindFortress is a highly secure card-based database for personal information, much like Web Confidential or PasswordWallet, but when I looked more deeply, I realized that MindFortress goes well beyond acting as a secure digital wallet. That's because MindFortress lets you create your own card templates, so you can define what fields, and what field types, appear on the card. Also, because MindFortress allows unstructured text notes (with all the Cocoa text handling features like inline spell checking), you can use it as a general snippet keeper. It also supports importing graphics and movies, offers AppleScript support, provides automatic update checking, and more. MindFortress is an elegant application now, and Alexander Kac, its developer, has big plans for future releases that have me intrigued. If you're looking for a place to store all sorts of data, give MindFortress a look. We're happy to see Web Information Systems supporting the Macintosh community through their TidBITS sponsorship. [ACE]
Toggle Dock Magnification Temporarily
Sometimes it may be handy to enable or disable Dock magnification quickly. You can toggle Dock magnification from your normal settings easily, and temporarily, by pressing Control-Shift as you mouse over the Dock.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 733.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Dual-Processor, Liquid-Cooled Power Mac G5s Announced
- SyncDeK Synchronizes FileMaker Databases
- SpamSieve Coupon Reduces Effective Price of Ebook to $0
- Take Control of Upgrading to Panther in German
- Poll Redux: Your Preferred Email Client
- Join Us in the Mediterranean in November
- Two Portable Speakers for the iPod
- Entourage 2004: Important Incremental Changes
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/14-Jun-04