SyncDeK Synchronizes FileMaker Databases -- At the last Macworld Expo in San Francisco, I saw an interesting product called SyncDeK that offered a unique feature: field-level synchronization of the data within FileMaker databases even when the databases aren't on the same network. SyncDeK accomplishes this through the clever use of standard Internet email to move data in XML format between databases. It's an intriguing approach that will be useful for organizations with remote offices or travelling employees, or even loosely knit groups without any sort of centralized location that would benefit from shared databases. WorldSync has now released SyncDeK 5.0, supporting both FileMaker 6 and FileMaker 7 on both the Mac and Windows. Introductory prices range from $200 to $1,300, depending on what you need, and there's also a SyncDeK Developer Kit for $500 that enables FileMaker developers to include synchronization capabilities in customized solutions. A demo is available by request. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the TidBITS Content Network for Apple consultants.
- Macworld Expo SF 2004 Superlatives (19 Jan 04)
Published in TidBITS 733.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Dual-Processor, Liquid-Cooled Power Mac G5s Announced
- Web Information Systems Sponsoring TidBITS
- SpamSieve Coupon Reduces Effective Price of Ebook to $0
- Take Control of Upgrading to Panther in German
- Poll Redux: Your Preferred Email Client
- Join Us in the Mediterranean in November
- Two Portable Speakers for the iPod
- Entourage 2004: Important Incremental Changes
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/14-Jun-04