digital.forest Celebrates 10th Year -- Congratulations to Chuck Goolsbee, Chris Kilbourn, Bill Dickson, and our other friends at digital.forest, who are celebrating the company's tenth year in the Web hosting and server co-location business. Many other hosting firms have come and gone in that time, but it's a testament to digital.forest's service that we've been extremely happy since moving our servers there in January of 2000. They've done a great job over the years of baby-sitting our geriatric Power Mac 7100 and 7600 and helping set up the shiny Xserve that runs Web Crossing. Happy birthday, folks! [ACE]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- TidBITS Moves to digital.forest (10 Jan 00)