digital.forest Celebrates 10th Year -- Congratulations to Chuck Goolsbee, Chris Kilbourn, Bill Dickson, and our other friends at digital.forest, who are celebrating the company's tenth year in the Web hosting and server co-location business. Many other hosting firms have come and gone in that time, but it's a testament to digital.forest's service that we've been extremely happy since moving our servers there in January of 2000. They've done a great job over the years of baby-sitting our geriatric Power Mac 7100 and 7600 and helping set up the shiny Xserve that runs Web Crossing. Happy birthday, folks! [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- TidBITS Moves to digital.forest (10 Jan 00)
digital.forest Celebrates 10th Year
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and