DealBITS Drawing: disclabel Winners -- Congratulations to Al Guild of mac.com, Michael J. Amato of comcast.net, and Miguel Angel Vazquez of macmail.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing, and who will each be receiving a copy of SmileOnMyMac's disclabel 2.1. Don't despair if we didn't pick your entry, since SmileOnMyMac is offering a special $5 discount on disclabel only for TidBITS readers, bringing the price from $29.95 down to $24.95. The discount is good through 22-Jul-04 via the second link below. Thanks to the 617 people who entered, and keep an eye out for future DealBITS drawings! [ACE]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- DealBITS Drawing: disclabel from SmileOnMyMac (05 Jul 04)