Envision 1.0 Released -- Back in May, I wrote about Envision, an interesting program from Open Door Networks that works to turn a Mac into an Internet-based slideshow. It's out now (a few weeks ago, in fact; programs that ship during Macworld Expo can fall through the cracks for us), and includes one particularly helpful new feature: the capability to save the images from an Envision slideshow to a folder for use with Mac OS X's screen saver. Envision 1.0 costs $40 through 15-Aug-04; after that the price will be $50. A 30-day evaluation version is available as a 2.1 MB download; give it a try and see if a digital picture frame might be in your future. [ACE]
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- Visualize the Internet with Envision (24 May 04)