iPhoto 4.0.3 Released -- Early last week, Apple released iPhoto 4.0.2, which seemed like an extremely minor update unless you were ordering iPhoto books in Europe. It also addressed issues with using multiple text rules in Smart Albums, and provided notification when new versions are available (presumably for people who don't already use Software Update). However, Apple pulled the update mid-week without notice, then posted an iPhoto 4.0.3 updater on Thursday that claims the same new features. Note that the new version needs to update your iPhoto catalog, so it's a good idea to backup your existing photos before applying the update. The update is available as a 7.1 MB download via Software Update, or as a 5.9 MB stand-alone download. [JLC]
Time for a Fetch Refresh?
In the Fetch FTP client, if you see a time stamp like "As of 6/19/10 2:29 PM" above the file list, that means that Fetch is re-using a file list it downloaded earlier. Click the swooshing-arrow refresh button (located beside the time stamp) to refresh the list.
Visit Fetch Softworks
Other articles in the series All About iPhoto
- iPhoto 5.0.3 Fixes Bugs (18 Jul 05)
- iPhoto 5.0.2 Freeze on Launch in Tiger (16 May 05)
- iPhoto 5: New Features Abound, Limitations Remain (09 May 05)
- iPhoto 4.0.1 Fixes Bugs (29 Mar 04)
- iPhoto 4: The Potential Remains (23 Feb 04)
- Adam's iPhoto 2 Visual QuickStart Guide Available (19 May 03)
- iPhoto 2 Steps into the Frame (03 Feb 03)
- iPhoto Power Techniques (19 Aug 02)
- iPhoto Book Now Available (01 Jul 02)
- Do More with iPhoto 1.1.1 (13 May 02)
- iPhoto Joins the iFold (07 Jan 02)