Quicken 2005 Released -- Intuit has released Quicken 2005, the latest version of its financial management application. The new version adds online support for more financial institutions, streamlines new account creation and category management, and ties into iPhoto to generate a visual home inventory. Quicken 2005 for Mac currently costs $60, and is available as a 32 MB download or in a boxed version. [JLC]
Removing Photos from iPhoto
Despite iPhoto's long history, many people continue to be confused about exactly what happens when you delete a photo. There are three possibilities.
If you delete a photo from an album, book, card, calendar, or saved slideshow, the photo is merely removed from that item and remains generally available in your iPhoto library.
If, however, you delete a photo while in Events or Photos view, that act moves the photo to iPhoto's Trash. It's still available, but...
If you then empty iPhoto's Trash, all photos in it will be deleted from the iPhoto library and from your hard disk.
Other articles in the series Panther Answers
- Security Update 2004-09-16 Fixes iChat Vulnerability (20 Sep 04)
- Security Update 2004-09-07 1.1 Fixes FTP & Safari (20 Sep 04)
- Security Update 2004-09-07 Potentially Problematic (13 Sep 04)
- Revisiting Panther's FireWire Data Loss Problem (15 Mar 04)
- Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.3.4 Update (07 Jun 04)
- Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.3.3 (15 Mar 04)
- How FileVault Should Work (01 Mar 04)
- A Slew of Apple Software Updates (05 Jan 04)
- New Panther Language Features (17 Nov 03)
- Panther Application Improvements (10 Nov 03)
- WPA Weakness Discovered, but Easily Solved (10 Nov 03)
- Fixes Available for Some Panther FireWire Troubles (03 Nov 03)
- Security Update 2003-10-28 Released (03 Nov 03)
- Interesting Bits of Panther (27 Oct 03)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther Unleashed (27 Oct 03)
- Default Folder X & QuicKeys X: Upgrade Before Panther! (27 Oct 03)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther Springs at WWDC (23 Jun 03)