Quicken 2005 Released -- Intuit has released Quicken 2005, the latest version of its financial management application. The new version adds online support for more financial institutions, streamlines new account creation and category management, and ties into iPhoto to generate a visual home inventory. Quicken 2005 for Mac currently costs $60, and is available as a 32 MB download or in a boxed version. [JLC]
Avoid Long Hierarchical Menus
If you right-click (or Control-click) on some item, such as a file in the Finder, and one of the sub-menus has many options (Open With is a frequent culprit), it may take several seconds to open, even on a fast machine, which is annoying if you did not actually want that sub-menu.
The trick is to not pull the cursor through the menu, but in a curve around it, so the cursor does not touch any menu items until lower on the list where you wanted to go.
Visit Eolake's Blog
Other articles in the series Panther Answers
- Security Update 2004-09-16 Fixes iChat Vulnerability (20 Sep 04)
- Security Update 2004-09-07 1.1 Fixes FTP & Safari (20 Sep 04)
- Security Update 2004-09-07 Potentially Problematic (13 Sep 04)
- Revisiting Panther's FireWire Data Loss Problem (15 Mar 04)
- Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.3.4 Update (07 Jun 04)
- Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.3.3 (15 Mar 04)
- How FileVault Should Work (01 Mar 04)
- A Slew of Apple Software Updates (05 Jan 04)
- New Panther Language Features (17 Nov 03)
- Panther Application Improvements (10 Nov 03)
- WPA Weakness Discovered, but Easily Solved (10 Nov 03)
- Fixes Available for Some Panther FireWire Troubles (03 Nov 03)
- Security Update 2003-10-28 Released (03 Nov 03)
- Interesting Bits of Panther (27 Oct 03)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther Unleashed (27 Oct 03)
- Default Folder X & QuicKeys X: Upgrade Before Panther! (27 Oct 03)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther Springs at WWDC (23 Jun 03)
Published in TidBITS 741.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
Quicken 2005 Released
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and