DealBITS Drawing: DLexpo VIP Pass Winners -- Congratulations to Andrew Laurence of uci.edu (who was apparently rewarded at a karmic level for writing the EyeHome review in last week's issue), Andrew Cohen of sandrew.org, Kerry Millerick of pacbell.net, Martin Cohen of acm.org, and Pat Dengler of mac.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who each received a VIP pass to last weekend's DLexpo. Everyone else who entered received a discount code worth over $100 as well. Thanks to the 60 people who entered, and keep an eye out for future DealBITS drawings! [ACE]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- DealBITS Drawing: DLexpo Free Passes (09 Aug 04)
Published in TidBITS 742.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
DealBITS Drawing: DLexpo VIP Pass Winners
Use device inventory, app distribution, security settings, and
more on many devices at once, using an intuitive Web portal.
Manage 3 devices for free, forever. Try it! <http://www.bushel.com/>