AirPort 4.0.1 Updates AirPort Express -- Apple's AirPort Express base station received an update this week, to version 4.0.1. The update improves the use of profiles in AirPort Admin Utility, and improves the way WEP keys are handled with third-party access points. Although AirPort Admin is enhanced to version 4.0.1, this update applies only to owners of the AirPort Express; owners of original AirPort and AirPort Extreme Base Stations are still at version 3.x (the revisions are specific to base station and version of Mac OS X). The AirPort 4.0.1 update is a 1 MB installer via Software Update or as an individual download; a Windows version is also available as a 7.5 MB download. [JLC]
Manage Multiple ChronoSync Documents
If you have multiple ChronoSync documents and need to run your syncs or backups manually, you may find it taxing to open each ChronoSync document and execute it manually. There are two easy methods to simplify managing multiple ChronoSync documents.
- You can add the ChronoSync documents to a Container document. A Container holds multiple ChronoSync documents and enables you to control several ChronoSync documents as if they were one document.
- You can make use of the Scheduled Documents Manager window to collect and organize commonly used ChronoSync documents without scheduling them.
Both methods allow you to schedule or manually run your syncs and backups.
Visit ChronoSync Tips
Published in TidBITS 744.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- SpamSieve 2.2 Improves Accuracy, Notification
- OmniWeb 5.0.1 Fixes Glitches
- Adam's "Take Control of Buying a Mac" Interviews
- DealBITS Drawing: FMChecker
- My Action Figure Can Beat Up Microsoft's Action Figure
- Escaping Palm HotSync Installation Hell
- The Story Behind Take Control Updates
- BBEdit 8.0: Even More Muscular
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/30-Aug-04