AirPort 4.0.1 Updates AirPort Express -- Apple's AirPort Express base station received an update this week, to version 4.0.1. The update improves the use of profiles in AirPort Admin Utility, and improves the way WEP keys are handled with third-party access points. Although AirPort Admin is enhanced to version 4.0.1, this update applies only to owners of the AirPort Express; owners of original AirPort and AirPort Extreme Base Stations are still at version 3.x (the revisions are specific to base station and version of Mac OS X). The AirPort 4.0.1 update is a 1 MB installer via Software Update or as an individual download; a Windows version is also available as a 7.5 MB download. [JLC]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Constant Dictionary Definitions
If you hold down Command-Control-D in a Cocoa-based application that supports AppleSpell, you'll see little dictionary pop-ups for each word that you mouse over. Neat, eh?
Published in TidBITS 744.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- SpamSieve 2.2 Improves Accuracy, Notification
- OmniWeb 5.0.1 Fixes Glitches
- Adam's "Take Control of Buying a Mac" Interviews
- DealBITS Drawing: FMChecker
- My Action Figure Can Beat Up Microsoft's Action Figure
- Escaping Palm HotSync Installation Hell
- The Story Behind Take Control Updates
- BBEdit 8.0: Even More Muscular
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/30-Aug-04