AirPort 4.0.1 Updates AirPort Express -- Apple's AirPort Express base station received an update this week, to version 4.0.1. The update improves the use of profiles in AirPort Admin Utility, and improves the way WEP keys are handled with third-party access points. Although AirPort Admin is enhanced to version 4.0.1, this update applies only to owners of the AirPort Express; owners of original AirPort and AirPort Extreme Base Stations are still at version 3.x (the revisions are specific to base station and version of Mac OS X). The AirPort 4.0.1 update is a 1 MB installer via Software Update or as an individual download; a Windows version is also available as a 7.5 MB download. [JLC]
Search Snippets on the Fly in TextExpander
Have a large number of snippets and can't remember them all your abbreviations? Use TextExpander's Suggest Matching Abbreviations search feature. It makes finding your snippets fast and simple.
Set your hotkey combination by going to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys. Once it's set, to use the Suggest Matching Abbreviations hotkey combination:
- Type a few characters of your snippet or its abbreviation.
- Press your hotkey combination immediately after typing the characters. (Don't enter a space before pressing the hotkey combination.)
- A popup menu appears with all snippets that contain the characters you typed. Scroll through them and click the one you want.
Published in TidBITS 744.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- SpamSieve 2.2 Improves Accuracy, Notification
- OmniWeb 5.0.1 Fixes Glitches
- Adam's "Take Control of Buying a Mac" Interviews
- DealBITS Drawing: FMChecker
- My Action Figure Can Beat Up Microsoft's Action Figure
- Escaping Palm HotSync Installation Hell
- The Story Behind Take Control Updates
- BBEdit 8.0: Even More Muscular
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/30-Aug-04