Eastgate Fires Up Tinderbox 2.3 -- Eastgate Systems has released Tinderbox 2.3, a free update to its program for storing notes and other information (see "Light Your Fire with Tinderbox" in TidBITS-651). This version improves the display of text and maps, speeds up spell checking, and beefs up the program's agents feature with new queries and actions. Tinderbox 2.3 costs $70 for a new license, and is a 4.5 MB download. [JLC]
Go Back and Forth Fast in Preview
If you're reading a PDF in Apple's Preview software, and you follow a bookmark or an internal link to move around within the PDF, you can quickly return to where you were by pressing the keyboard shortcut Command-[ (that's Command-Left Bracket). Or, you can choose Go > Back.
The command works iteratively, so you can go back to just the previously viewed page or if you issue the command again, to the page before that, and so on. There's also an equivalent Go > Forward (Command-]).
- Light Your Fire with Tinderbox (14 Oct 02)
Published in TidBITS 748.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- New Sponsors: easyDNS and HobbyLink Japan
- Allume Ships StuffIt Deluxe and StuffIt Standard 9.0
- Keyboard Maestro 2.0 Makes Macros
- The Missing Sync 4.0.1 Fixes CLIE Bug
- PowerBook G4 White Spot Repair Program Announced
- iPhoto Workshop in Malta Cancelled
- iChat AV in the Air
- Editing Photographs for the Perfectionist
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Sep-04